Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fork in the Road

An interesting thing happened on my way back to the path. I stumbled upon another path, a parallel one. In fact, the paths actually were often the same. I didn’t even realize it until I came to the dreaded fork in the road. Why does that always seem to happen after you think you’ve figured things out?

This fork was different though. Usually, I only have to ask myself questions, and then proceed. This time I was confused and had to confer. I’d been at this fork before. This fork shouldn’t have been there and it wasn’t supposed to hold interest for me anymore anyway. Yet surprisingly, it did.

The decision to proceed along the fork was made rapidly. But then a gate appeared which required me to answer more questions. Questions I didn’t anticipate from questioners unknown. It is likely I may not be able to take the fork in the road after all. I’ll be happy to take the path left to me if that is the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment